It is a common devotion for Catholics to say daily one Our Father and seven Hail Marys for each.
- The Prophecy of Simeon. (Luke 2:34–35) or the Circumcision of Christ
- The Flight into Egypt. (Matthew 2:13)
- The loss of the child Jesus in the Temple. (Luke 2:43–45)
- Mary meets Jesus on the way to Calvary.
- Jesus dies on the cross. (John 19:25)
- The piercing of the side of Jesus, and Mary's receiving the body of Jesus in her arms. (Matthew 27:57–59)
- The body of Jesus is placed in the tomb. (John 19:40–42)